I have warming and interesting vegan wild rice mushroom soup to share with you.
Lately, I have been eating too much meat, so wanted to take a week just eating vegan and plant-based.
I had a bag of wild rice that I bought a while ago from a health shop, and never used it.
I didn’t particularly fancy soup at the time, but I only had a handful of ingredients to use for a meal.
So, here we are, 1 hour later, and I have a batch of an incredibly earthy soup recipe with mushrooms and wild rice.
What Wild Rice Should You Use?
If you have ever cooked wild rice before, you know that it takes forever to cook.
If you don’t have the time to cook the wild rice for long, I recommend that you use precooked wild rice.
The grocery shops often have packets of cooked wild rice.
However, if you don’t mind cooking it yourself and you are prepared to wait for an hour for it to cook, definitely use raw wild rice.
That’s what I did!
How To Make Vegan Wild Rice Mushroom Soup With Coconut Milk
You will need these ingredients:
- Mushrooms of choice
- Wild Rice
- Coconut Milk
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Stock
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt, Pepper & Spices
The method is simple; soak the uncooked wild rice in water for 30 minutes.
Fry up your mushrooms with the garlic, salt, pepper and thyme is added.
The rice is then added with the stock, and it’s simmered on low for about an hour. The parsley is folded in.
Serve and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this wild rice and mushroom soup, do let me know. Also, if you have any recommendations at all, drop a comment below.
Check out my social accounts too, let’s connect and exchange recipes and ideas!
Youtube, Tik-Tok, Facebook & Instagram.
More Mushroom Recipes:
Vegan Wild Rice Mushroom Soup [Easy]
- 2/3 cup/135g of wild rice
- 14 oz/400g closed cup mushrooms
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Soak the wild rice in warm water for 20 minutes then drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes then add the mushrooms and sauté for another 7 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the wild rice, followed by the stock and coconut milk.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 50 minutes or until the wild rice is al-Dente or to your liking.
- Add the salt, thyme, pepper, and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!